The biggest myth

From the time people realize that you've conceived, most often than not, you will find them telling you to eat a lot more, as in as much as for two people! Let me tell you, this definitely a myth, a stupid notion.
I agree that you need to eat, but a balanced diet. This is because, eating more will only result in you putting on extra weight, and then having complications later on. I too, like most, was surprised when my doctor asked me to diet and would dread every visit as I didn't want to be yelled at for putting on more than required weight. And the most amazing this is that thanks to all that nagging, I managed to put on only about 6.5kgs, and my baby was about 3.5kgs which is just perfect.
Also, keeping yourself sufficiently hydrated will help you avoid swelling in your feet as well as also control your blood pressure which is a must. After all, you have to be a yummy mummy!

1 comment:

.blink said...

food, has a certain attraction. and i guess during preganacy women arent too preoccupied with the amount of calories they gobble. but i guess the weight watch may just be the need of the hour.